Graphic Designer + Marketing Coordinator
Graphic Designer + Marketing Coordinator
Part-Time (4 Days)
Flexible hours Location: Port Melbourne
We are looking for a vibrant and talented mid-weight graphic designer / Marketing communications assistant to support the creative vision and direction of our growing creative team. Reporting to the Creative Director you will produce designs and offer design solutions that capture our brand message and DNA.
Seasons change, and so do our ranges look and feel. Collaborating with the team and brand partners, using your strong Adobe Suite skills, you’ll bring fresh ideas to deliver our creative strategies. Interpreting briefs and information to translate these ideas into creative marketing campaigns, brand collateral and internal communications.
Goldie + Ace has a fresh approach to newborn, baby and toddler fashion. Inspired by retro kid's clothes, evoking a sense of childhood nostalgia amongst our team's golden years, the 1980s & 1990s. We’re all about quality, so everything lasts longer. Clothing your child will outgrow, not wear out, which means you can wear, cherish and pass on.
Based in Melbourne, we like to highlight the place we love to call home. Everything from Galahs, gumtrees to 'G'day!'
We are always looking for ways to be more sustainable and all-inclusive in every area of our business and continually share what we learn with our community. Our diverse team, unisex designs, waste-free packaging and collaborators all share the same vision; to create a safe and clean planet for everyone.
We strive for an honest approach to producing garments that are comfortable, ethically sourced and made with exceptional craftsmanship to last and be loved.
The Marketing team is small, mighty and passionate about all things design. We love discussing and drawing inspiration from fashion, sustainability, home, food and general lifestyle.
The work is a happy medium between design and more strategic work. We are directed by the feedback we receive, wanting to stick with what works whilst constantly innovating and driving brand growth.
Weekly one on ones and team meetings keep communication open and provide a supportive place to do good work.
A week in the role might look like...
Monday: Document analytics from the previous week's campaigns and discuss with the marketing team areas of success and places to explore for improvements. Update marketing calendar with foreseeable launches and adjustments to campaigns.
Tuesday: Design and develop visuals for the current week's promotions in the form of email, website banners and social media posts/stories.
Wednesday: Team meeting discussing all things Goldie + Ace across the whole team and different departments. Make any adjustments need for set promotions.
Thursday (Your Friday - Winning!): Finalise all the details for promotions. Schedule emails, website theme changeovers and send off social media posts to the social media coordinator.
Plus some fun seasonal projects...
- Designing new thank you cards
- Paid social media adverts
- Assist in a print or pattern design for a new season design
- Design and develop our seasonal Lookbooks and other promotional collateral in both print/digital forms
- Website theme updates - Journal upkeep, user experience design enhancements
- Custom branding props for photoshoots (Cinema tickets, popcorn boxes etc) that are always a fun project to explore!
We’re looking for someone who has...
- Qualifications in a relevant field i.e. Graphic Design or similar
- Experience within a fashion or retail business. Not essential but a big bonus!
- Confidence in Mac OS and Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, In Design and Illustrator
- Demonstrated conceptual skills, high-level sense of design, layout and typography.
- Strategic thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions with a brand's DNA
- An ability to understand design briefs and create awesome design work our customers will love to see and shop from
- Great organisation, planning and time management skills to ensure work is scheduled and goes out on time
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and is a team player.
- A great office working environment located close to the city and public transport
- Generous staff discount
- Team Learning Events
- We are as passionate about giving back; our partnership with I=change means we give back to life changing projects with every sale
- A wonderful team events calendar (think celebrations, well-being days & guest speakers)
- Join a dynamic and creative team and deliver exciting work
If you’re interested...
Have a good look around our website, read Our Story page and get a feel for who we are.
If you think you’d be a good fit, please address your application to our Creative Director, Loui
and email to email@example.com
Be sure to include a brief cover letter, resume and answers to the three questions below
1.Name 3 brands that inspire you and what about their branding/graphics makes them great?
( Any Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle brands or Bar/Restaurants etc. - Not restricted to kids brands.)
2. Attach two pieces of your previous work that best showcases your skill set and style.
(It can be your personal style or one that you have done in line with a brand style guide)
3.Why Goldie + Ace? What stands out to you, and what would you like to bring and receive from this role?