PRODUCTION ASSISTANT - Part Time 4 days
Goldie + Ace Production Assistant
Part-Time (4 Days)
We are looking for a talented Production Assistant to support the creative vision and direction of our growing Product team. Reporting to the Head of Product & Design, this position will be responsible for the accurate technical development, supplier communications, shipping timelines and handover of all product ranges.
Our ideal match will be technically minded, detail-driven, able to build strong supplier relationships, organised and able to work collaboratively with others. Extra points if you love Excel spreadsheets…
Goldie + Ace has a fresh approach to newborn, baby and toddler fashion. Inspired by retro kid's clothes, evoking a sense of childhood nostalgia amongst our team's golden years, the 1980s & 1990s. We’re all about quality, so everything lasts longer. Clothing your child will outgrow, not wear out, which means you can wear, cherish and pass on.
Based in Melbourne, we like to highlight the place we love to call home. Everything from Galahs, gumtrees to 'G'day!'
We are always looking for ways to be more sustainable and all-inclusive in every area of our business and continually share what we learn with our community. Our diverse team, unisex designs, waste-free packaging and collaborators all share the same vision; to create a safe and clean planet for everyone.
We strive for an honest approach to producing garments that are comfortable, ethically sourced and made with exceptional craftsmanship to last and be loved.
The team is small, mighty and passionate about what we do. We are goal driven and work hard but we make time for balance whether it being going to a pilates class together or out for lunch. We strive to create a supportive place to do good work and have fun doing it.
The Role includes...
- Assisting with setting up/updating specification sheets and artwork files
- Communicating all relevant product information to suppliers
- Assist with artwork/fabric/trims/ labels/packaging and finished sample approvals and fittings in a clear, confident and precise manner and ensure clear and concise comments are sent to all relevant suppliers
- Purchase Order raising
- Ensure all relevant QA tests are carried out and pass standards
- Preparing product information for wholesalers
- Manage critical paths and production schedule with suppliers.
- Managing all incoming samples (for comments and fits) and outgoing samples (for photoshoots, loans or range showings)
- Build strong relationships with overseas suppliers to ensure critical sample and fabric dates are met to achieve required delivery dates
- Track range progress on a daily basis ensuring all styles are on target for on time delivery and communicate any issues with solutions
- Work closely with shipping department to ensure orders are shipped cost effectively and on time
- Work closely with licensors on licensed product approvals
- Assisting with administrative duties & other production related tasks
- Checking/approving all labels, tickets, swing tags etc
We’d love it if you have…
- A relevant tertiary or equivalent qualification in Fashion and / or Merchandising
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar production / garment technician / QA role (experience in kids wear not essential but a bonus!)
- The ability to work in a fast-paced motivated environment
- Good understanding of garment construction
- Experience and working knowledge with both cut and sew, woven & knit product is essential.
- An ability to prioritise and multitask
- Detail driven
- Strong critical thinking skills, able to problem solve
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and in all MS Office, particularly Excel with strong numerical and analytical skills
We also offer...
- A great office working environment located close to the city and public transport
- Flexible working options
- Generous staff discounts
- Team Learning Events
- Gym membership and a weekly fitness timetable
- We are as passionate about giving back; to our community, charity projects and the earth.
- A wonderful team events calendar (think celebrations, well-being days & guest speakers)
If you’re interested...
Have a good look around our website, read Our Story page and get a feel for who we are. If you think you’d be a good fit, please address your application to our Head of Product & Design, Jodi and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include a brief cover letter, resume and answers to the three questions below;
- Name 3 brands that inspire you and what about them makes them great? (Any Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle brands or Bar/Restaurants etc. - Not restricted to kids brands.)
- Why Goldie + Ace? What stands out to you, and what would you like to bring and receive from this role?
- What is your favourite office snack and why?